Blue brain ” -The name of the world’s first virtual brain. That means a machine that can function as human brain. Today scientists are in research to create an artificial brain that can think, response, take decision, and keep anything in memory. The main aim is to upload human brain into machine. So that man can think, take decision without any effort.
After the death of the body, the virtual brain will act as the man .So, even after the death of a person we will not loose the knowledge, intelligence, personalities, feelings and memories of that man that can be used for the development of the human society.
No one has ever understood the complexity of human brain. It is complex than any circuitry in the world. So, question may arise “Is it really possible to create a human brain?” The answer is “Yes”. Because what ever man has created today always he has followed the nature. When man does not have a device called computer, it was a big question for all .But today it is possible due to the technology. Technology is growing faster than every thing. IBM is now in research to create a virtual brain. It is called “Blue brain “.If possible, this would be the first virtual brain of the world.
1. We can remember things without any effort.
2. Decision can be made without the presence of a person.
3. Even after the death of a man his intelligence can be used.
4. The activity of different animals can be understood. That means by interpretation of the electric impulses from the brain of the animals, their thinking can be understood easily.
5. It would allow the deaf to hear via direct nerve stimulation, and also be helpful for many psychological diseases. By down loading the contents of the brain that was uploaded into the computer, the man can get rid from the mad ness.
Further, there are many new dangers these technologies will open. We will be susceptible to new forms of harm.
1. We become dependent upon the computer systems.
2. Others may use technical knowledge against us
3. Computer viruses will pose an increasingly critical threat.
4. The real threat, however, is the fear that people will have of new technologies. That fear may culminate in a large resistance. Clear evidence of this type of fear is found today with respect to human cloning.